Summer 2020: P121E00 - Intro to Python Programming for Research
This course is designed for students who are interested in learning scientific computing using Python. We will teach you the basics of Python programming and then guide you step-by-step in conducting a research project based on Zifp's Law. You can then apply this framework to work on an independent project in DNA classification, computational linguistics, social network analysis or other related fields.
You will not need any prior programming experience to take this course. However, you do need to be familiar with the basic “files and folders” paradigm of modern computer operating systems like Microsoft Windows and Mac OS. You also should be comfortable with using a web browser, searching for materials on the Internet, and downloading/installing software on your computer. If you are not yet computer literate, please ask us for materials to assist you with the core competency requirements.
Early Bird Tuition expires May 17, 2020
Online Class Policy
- Students will not use obscene, profane, threatening, or disrespectful language or images during Ardent meetings. Students will immediately be removed from the Zoom meeting upon violation.
- All communications with other Ardent students and instructors must be of an academic-related nature. Sending unsolicited emails or messages to other Ardent students and instructors is prohibited.
- Students must use their real names on online platform for instructors to accept them into the classroom.
- Students must not to use, disclose or communicate, in any manner, proprietary information about Ardent Academy, its operations, students, or any other proprietary information, that relate to the business of Ardent Academy. This includes, but is not limited to, the names of Ardent's instructors and students, its marketing strategies, operations, curriculum design, instructional materials, or any other information of any kind which would be deemed confidential or proprietary information of Ardent Academy.
- Both parties (Parent/Guardian/Student and Instructor) acknowledge and agree that each will not entice away or endeavor to entice away from the other party. Each party acknowledges that the prohibition and restriction contained in this clause are reasonable in the circumstances and necessary to protect.