Fall 2020: E103B11 - Accelerated English 2/3
Using fantasy-based works as a common thematic element, students will learn to investigate various narrative components both through discussion and writing. Students will also learn to apply their creative skills to writing a fantastic short story of their own. This class will focus heavily on building a strong writing foundation, as well as begin building a foundation for analytical readers.
This course will encompass the following English Language Arts Standards:
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.1: Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.3: Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.6: Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.3: Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.1.E: Form and use the simple (e.g., I walked; I walk; I will walk) verb tenses.